Afterpay Card is a contactless Mastercard stored in the customer’s digital wallet, which means they can simply tap their mobile device to the payment terminal at your store to pay in 4 with Afterpay!
What does my business need to do?
Not much! No integration or updates to your point of sale are required. Afterpay will set up your store to accept Afterpay Card payments so that you are ready to go! We just need to grab a few details about your store set up, get in touch now.
What is changing for me as an Afterpay merchant?
- Afterpay Card has replaced our original barcode/QR code solution from 15 February 2022.
- New customers to Afterpay will only have the option to pay with the Afterpay Card when making purchases in-store and will not have access to the barcode
What is the difference between the two products?
- Barcode/QR code was generated by the customer via the Afterpay app and then scanned via your POS of standalone system to create an Afterpay order for the customer
- Afterpay Card is set up by the customer via the Afterpay app, stored in the digital wallet of the customer’s phone and then tapped to your card payment terminal to create an Afterpay order
How will this affect my business operations?
- Afterpay card is only accepted at Afterpay approved merchants, if you are unsure whether or not your store is able to accept drop us a line and we will work through this for you. Get in touch
- You will process and settle Afterpay transactions via your relationship with your Merchant Acquirer - the same way you process and settle other card payments
- If your online business supports Apple Pay checkout, customers will be able to use the Afterpay Card within Apple Pay to complete a purchase
How does the Afterpay Card work?
- Customers will complete a one-time card set-up flow via the Afterpay app to create their Afterpay Card
- For each purchase, the customer will open their Afterpay app to access their card, they can check their available Afterpay amount and then tap their phone on the card payment terminal to make their purchase
- As a merchant, you will process the transaction as a Mastercard contactless card payment - low effort and really simple
Have other questions about Afterpay In-store? Tell us how we can help